Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Curry Chicken

I love this recipe. It's so easy and super delish! I used to serve it with rice, but recently found this whole wheat couscous at Trader Joes that has wonderful flavor, so I opt for the healthier grain. Besides, it cooks in 5 minutes, can't beat that!

oil for frying
bone in chicken, the bones add flavor...so buy the bones!
large onion
garlic...lots
water
2 rounded tbsp curry
tomato, divided

flour and cold water
yogurt
parmesan cheese


brown both sides of chicken in oil.

add onions, garlic, half of tomatoes, cover with water.

add curry. cook til tender and meat falls off bone.

remove chicken and set aside. bring sauce to a boil. mix flour and cold water (think, gravy.) slowly add to sauce stirring constantly to make sauce thick. Bring to desired consistency. keep in mind, sauce will thicken as standing.

add rest of tomato, some yogurt. give a quick stir and your chicken is ready.


For the couscous or rice, I add a chicken bouillon cube. If I'm serving from the hot pans, I add the peas, frozen. They'll cook from the heat off the chicken and couscous, but also cool it down for the kids.

Sprinkle with Parmesan and Enjoy!


TIP #1 Try to find some imported Indian curry. McCormick spices just aren't the same, you'll have two completely different meals depending on what you use. Lucky for me, living here in Brooklyn, I just have to walk a few blocks this way or that to find myself in another part of the world. These spices are spicier, thus we add yogurt.


TIP #2 My kids don't normally eat couscous, so I puree spinach and mix it to their servings. Let's hope today they at least try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment