Monday, August 24, 2009

Banana Muffins

I'm in a baking mood.

I make the best banana muffins. Seriously...there's blogs about them.

Disco Mom's VGP

My Cousin's take

If you didn't check the sites, here's my Recipe:
1 c. whole wheat flour
1 1/2 c. oats
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. butter
1 tsp. almond extract
2 eggs beaten
4 over ripe bananas, mashed

Preheat oven to 350

Mix flour, oats, salt, and soda.

In separate bowl, cream butter and sugar.

Stir in bananas, eggs, and almond until well blended. Add flour mixture.

Bake for 25-30 minutes.

I'm making them without eggs, but rather flax seed. I'm a little nervous considering I wasn't thrilled about the texture of those cookies, BUT I haven't had them the traditional way, so maybe the texture is because of the ricotta. I'll know for sure about the flax after this family favorite. And talk about a fiber explosion!

I'll make these when the kids are in bed, we made quite the mess with those cookies. Can't wait for breakfast! :)

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh, yum. Suddenly I am in a mood for banana muffins. I think I'm going to have to use this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea, they're good! And the flax was perfect. I doubt I'll be baking with eggs very much anymore.

    ReplyDelete