Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Defeated

That's how I feel. Most nights I end up alone at the table. Maddy pulling on my arm as she cries, pleading to be picked up while I pick at my plate.

I was feeling sorry for myself today. It really must be a pathetic site. Maddy crying, I'm literally poking at my food with my head down, fighting the tears. I don't know why it got to me so hard today, but it's just not at all fun to cook for myself.

Dinner was good though. It was one of our favorites, even El loves this one. Maybe that's why I was down, if I can't get them to eat something they love, why should I bother?

I cooked a pork but. Just sliced it and in some butter, browned it on both sides. Then in the fat and butter I threw some string beans. My girls LOVE string beans. We served it with mashed potatoes ... Yukon gold cooked with shredded carrots an onion and mashed with butter and cream cheese. Sooo good. But their lack of desire to eat made me lose my appetite.

I just felt sick to my stomach. With the upcoming move, I've been so stressed and depressed, I guess it's just building up.

So I suppose no leftovers tomorrow. I think I'm gonna try a recipe from a new chef on the food network. She serves it with a fennel salad and we just love fennel so let's hope for a more successful evening.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Kelly! Don't give up! Could your mom eat with you to make the girls want to sit at the table? What if you invited a special "friend" each time and then they'll get the hang of it? Can you make them sit even if they don't eat their food? My parents always made us sit for EVER if we didn't eat all our food. Good luck! The pork butt sounded amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly: You are AMAZING! I am always amazed at how well you do everything. You have little help (if any) and you make it look so easy. You always smile and make people feel loved and supported. I know that if I needed you you would be here in a matter of minutes. If you'd like maybe we can cook for each other sometime.

    ReplyDelete