Sunday, September 13, 2009

Muffins!

The summer mornings were spent on TJ's granola bars and fresh fruit or cereal. Granola bars, while better than some things, really aren't the brain fuel I'm looking for.

With Kaitlyn now in school full time, I have to give the kids a heartier breakfast. Ughh! I don't have time for breakfast. My mornings are beyond stressful, the last thing I need to do is add more to my morning to do list. I already wake up giving myself an hour and 20 minutes before we have to leave, just in case.

Whatever I can do before hand, I do. Like getting lunches and backpacks packed. Outfits for the three of us picked and layed out. Maddy is dressed before bed so all she needs is a clean diaper. And Sundays, I bake muffins. Last week we did my Banana Oat Muffins. Today I made Blueberry Bran Muffins.

I'm trying to make these as healthy as possible. Always, whole wheat flour, flax instead of eggs, and applesauce instead off butter.

I'm scouring the internet trying to find good recipes and found this Muffins. It's so not the kind of recipe I want, but sooo the recipe I want to try! While I could do all the healthy substituting, I just don't think that would work with this one.

In the next few weeks I plan on zucchini, carrot, and pumpkin muffins. I really want some that I would never have thought of so please, share some recipes!!

2 comments:

  1. Inspired by your determination to fix food that is healthier I made a batch of whole wheat bran muffins with raisins. It ended up being like 40 muffins and oddly enough they are all gone. I also made some bread, but after I had made the dough I couldn't find my bread tin to I cooked it in a cake pan--it ended up very flat--but still tasty. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! i inspired someone, lol! did you save me some? i'll trade you some blueberry bran muffins :)

    ReplyDelete